Building a house cleaning flyer that gets results.

Post image for Building a house cleaning flyer that gets results.

by Tom Watson on October 30, 2011

House cleaning flyers are a staple of the home cleaning business marketplace. They are not only cheap to produce, but when done correctly they also deliver big results.

Needless to say, I’m a big fan of using house cleaning flyers to market and promote my business. In fact I have used them in just about every single marketing campaign from day one.

Sometimes I use them all by themselves to generate leads while at other times I use them to draw out and highlight the major offer of a sales letter I’ve sent them. Both techniques have worked extremely well for me over the years.

One of the biggest keys to have success with a house cleaning flyer is to craft one with a personal message that resonates with the reader. You need to drive home why the potential customer needs to call you. To do that you need to know a little bit about what motivates your ideal customer.

Generally speaking there are many “motivators” for someone to hire a cleaning service. Some people may just not like to clean for whatever reason while others simply don’t have the time.

I could go on and on and I’m sure you could too. And incidentally that is why you should have more than just one or two house cleaning flyers in your marketing arsenal. You should have as many as possible! After all there are many different types of people, and you want to market to them all at one time or another.

So with that in mind, I decided to create a house cleaning flyer that address one of the major motivators that drives homeowners to choose a cleaning service to clean their home. A lack of time! If you think about it, we all complain about time. We never have enough for one reason or another.

Using “time” as a marketing point is one of the best angles you’ll ever have to create a desire for your service. If you can build one that is “just right”, the homeowner will CRAVE your service like a baby looking for it’s bottle! Take a look at the house cleaning flyer below and we will chat about it briefly on the other side.

House cleaning flyer that is focused on the homeowners lack of time.

A house cleaning flyer that gets results!

As you can see from the headline I used, I put a little “twist” on the traditional layout. Many times a good headline will ask a question, but this time I decided to make a “statement” instead. One that appealed to their sensibilities.

I followed up with a picture that connected perfectly with what cleaning companies actually do, “clean”. Then I cut to the chase pretty quick. I made a short mention that acknowledges (and by default “reminding” them) the fact that time is probably in short supply in their household. Then I went about my business telling why my company was different and how we could help them.

Every word needs to have a clear purpose, as you only have so much space to tell your story. So with that in mind I kept it brief and wrapped it up by asking for them to make the call. The tagline was an extra add-on that “implies” our service will save them time. Which it no doubt will!

If you are interested in this flyer and a bunch more just like it, I encourage you to consider the printed version of my course House Cleaning For Beginners as it comes loaded with a great selection of flyers and sales letters you can use to jump-start your own house cleaning business.

1 Berthenia Robinson August 9, 2012 at 2:48 pm

I like that example of the house cleaning flyer.It help me a lot i would like to know if i could use some of of the words that is in the flyers.Thank you so much.

2 Tom Watson August 9, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hi Berthenia! You can change whatever you like. Make it “fit your company”.

3 Mrs.SpeedySteamer August 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Interesting flyer. I like the idea of an introduction, just wondering how to change it around to fit a carpet, upholstery, and tile cleaning company. I saved the picture and posted on my ad board in my office.

Going to try to fit the flyer to work with our business. Maybe change the picture to a carpet cleaner. Changing the concept to improving the home environment, i.e. air quality. Don’t know just shooting ideas out there.

4 Tom Watson August 16, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Hi!

You could have a picture of a women with FRAZZLED hair looking completly OVERWHELMED with the headline above “Having a hard time keeping your carpets clean?”. Then just run with some copy below similar to what I did working the lack of time angle.

I’m happy you found us and feel free to continue to add your thoughts to posts that strike a cord with you!

5 Betsy Bubble Bath August 19, 2012 at 7:23 pm

Thank you for your insightful and down-to-Earth topic discussions. This is the greatest, most practical advice I have been able to find online.

Again, thanks!

Betsy

6 Tom Watson August 19, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Thanks Betsy!

7 Sue February 24, 2013 at 1:33 pm

I would like to start a simple cleaning service within the apartment complex I live in,,,How do I go about getting rid of the competition here, and really catching the residents eye, This is a senior community, and they are always looking for bargains, and what’s cheapest, I do great work, and have a background as a senior care provider as well.

8 Tom Watson February 24, 2013 at 4:46 pm

Hi Sue! That’s a great question. Well… you have to DELIVER what the market WANTS. So if they are looking for a great service that is economical, make that THE FOCUS of any marketing materiel (flyers etc…) that you create. Make sure the HEADLINE of the flyer you create FILLS THAT NEED.

I would also make mention that you have experience as a senior care provider. Maybe even include a picture of yourself to PERSOANLIZE the message you are crafting. Maybe offer a BIG discount for all first time customers! That will appeal to them too!

9 All Cleaned UP May 4, 2013 at 2:03 am

I NEED HELP GETTING STARTED WITH MY HOUSE CLEANING AND ORGANIZING BUSINESS.

10 Tom Watson May 4, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Hi! Take some time and browse the site, then consider one of the courses we offer, as they walk you through the whole process one step at a time.

11 FourSquare Cleaning Service May 8, 2013 at 1:36 am

Excellent advice on starting and operating a cleaning business. Our Ohio home and office cleaning service always heads all of your advice.
Thanks, Jim
Foursquare cleaning

12 Tom Watson May 8, 2013 at 7:06 am

Thanks Jim! It’s nice to hear that.

13 Patrick May 17, 2013 at 5:50 am

Really appreciated, I have already my cleaning services since 2003, but serving only in commercial establishments, but I want to divert into household or in a one time cleaning service and its my pleasure to for your recommendation.

Patrick Amaguin
Integrated Management & General Services

14 Tom Watson May 17, 2013 at 6:24 am

Thanks Patrick! I wpould visit real estate offices with my house cleaning flyer (great source of one time cleanings). Agents ALWAYS need a company they can trust. Let them know who you are, and don’t forget to leave a bunch of business cards (revisit regularly to stay in FRONT of them).

15 jessica caldwell July 20, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Thank you for making a website that is simple to understand and willing to help others better themselves and their families…This site is a true Blessing…

16 Tom Watson July 20, 2013 at 6:34 pm

Hi Jessica! I’m happy to help. Touch base if you need me.

17 Sue August 13, 2013 at 6:43 am

For those who are still looking, I took some more time to search and found a wonderful page with quite a few very professional sleek designs in MS Word here: http://www.hloom.com/download-free-house-cleaning-flyer-templates/

18 Tom Watson August 13, 2013 at 7:18 am

Well done Sue! Thanks.

19 ashley August 21, 2013 at 3:32 pm

is there any way i could download this? or do i need to purchase the book?

20 Tom Watson August 21, 2013 at 3:53 pm

You have to purchase the course for that flyer. It comes standard with the “house cleaning printed version” course (it sits on the Bonus CD and is fully editable).

21 ashley August 21, 2013 at 4:22 pm

is there any way i can just buy the flyer?

22 Tom Watson August 21, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Hi Ashley! Very sorry but we sell only the whole package. It does come with other flyers plus tons of extras!

23 Get the Commercial Cleaning Services from Brisbane’s Cleaners December 25, 2013 at 11:39 pm

You have provided the wonderful advice to succeed the cleaning business. Thanks for sharing your blog with us.

24 Tom Watson December 26, 2013 at 8:51 am

Happy to help. Good luck Brisbane’s!