Post image for Unger Window Cleaning Kits make cleaning windows easy and helps you look professional as well

by Tom Watson on April 12, 2015

There are lots of ways to expand your cleaning business and grow your profits in the process. Cleaning windows is one of those ways.

Adding window cleaning services is one of the first things I did once I got started in the business. I did so because it cost very little to add this service.

I remember seeing a display for Unger Window Cleaning Kits inside the warehouse of one of my janitorial vendors. They had every single squeegee, brush and pole Unger produced right near the checkout counter. The guy who owned the supply house told me they were a good buy due to their high quality.

So I took him at this word and bought one of the kits he was selling. I can say that the kits I purchased over the years have held up just fine. I still have all of them to this day. I use them on my own home as well, and I lend them out to family regularly. Never had any issues with an item breaking either, which says a lot because I’ve gotten my moneys worth out of them.

Some Recommended Unger Window Cleaning Kits

I have compiled a few different Unger Window Cleaning Kits below for you to take a peek at if you are interested in adding some window cleaning to your repertoire. No one kit is better than any other really, it just depends on what you are looking to do. As you can see, the prices are very budget friendly.

Window cleaning is a great topic to discuss with Spring fast approaching. It gives everyone in the cleaning business the chance to put some good money in their pocket for performing some relatively simple work. Work that gets you paid the same day in many cases, especially in the residential side of the business.

If anyone has any experience using Unger products, feel free to share what you know in the comments below. All I can say is they feel well built when you hold them, they last long and they look professional. Pretty much everything you want in a product if you ask me.

1 Joe M April 12, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Unger is the best, well I feel that way I am sure some one from Ettore will not agree. LOL

Also Tom who is your local janitorial supplier, if you don’t mind me asking. Jon Don is killing me on shipping and Allied in Berlin is not cheap.

2 Tom Watson April 13, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Hi Joe! Hope all is well. Try “Camden Bag & Paper”. They are in Mount Laurel. Don’t believe they have any type website, and customer service is not a their strength, but they do have some good prices on paper goods.

3 Emily April 16, 2015 at 2:37 am

How do I get my first clients? I have had a cleaning company for 2 months now and my greatest challenge is potential clients asking for reference from previous works done, yet I have none so far?

4 angela April 16, 2015 at 5:24 pm

If your willing to travel a little bit, 45 minutes from mt laurel, and make your list up once a month, go to my suppliers in Delaware, great prices NO TAXES 🙂
Diamond Chemical (full service janitorial) and so is my other supplies Action Janitorial Supply both very close to the Delaware Memorial bridge

5 Tom Watson April 16, 2015 at 8:20 pm

THANKS for sharing that Angela!

6 sodi April 17, 2015 at 2:10 am

I am thinking of starting window cleaning with my janitorial business.
I saw wagtail for high windows and I really like it because its for no hassle with water poles and ladders.
I would like know your opinion on this please let me what you think of this?

7 Tom Watson April 18, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Hi Sodi! I checked it out, and it looks like it worth trying out. Very impressive. If you do get them, report back and let me know how they worked in the field.

8 Tom Watson June 7, 2015 at 10:35 am

Hi Emily! Sorry for the delay, I’m in the process of moving and it’s hard to stay on top of the comments (though I’m trying hard). To your question… Do one or two jobs for family or friend (even if you have to work for free) and use them as your references. That will solve it ASAP.

9 Courtney October 27, 2015 at 8:04 pm

Hi Tom-
Thank you for all of your wonderful suggestions. I’m really enjoying your podcasts, too.
How much do you charge for window cleaning? Do you have a “trick” for cleaning interior residential windows?
Thank you!

10 Tom Watson October 29, 2015 at 9:00 am

Hi Courtney! You are very welcome. I used to try to get 30 per hour on the windows and NO… there is no secret to the windows.