1 Arlene Smith October 12, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Sure this could be true if a companies business slows down then business for us cleaners might slow down too. What about the Holidays? I always assumed that the holidays would be my busiest time for business but it’s not in fact business in my area around the holiday slows down for me and after seems to pick back up again, especially around the end of summer when kids start back into school the phone calls are constantly coming in. Why do you think this is? Any thoughts?

Arlene Smith,
Redlands Cleaning

2 Tom Watson October 12, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Hi Arlene! I think people are preoccupied with the holiday season in general (parties / shopping) and that helps to make it slow. Plus people are just saturated with all types of marketing (catalogs, special sales, holiday email offers from retailers) and this dilutes any marketing we do as a business. Summer is slow because of the nice weather and vacations in my opinion. Spring and fall tends to be making money seasons.

3 Pauline T Ila October 16, 2014 at 2:30 am

I am very much interested in all the emails information you send. The only thing i am waiting is for some extra cash to purchase these cleaning books. Keep it up.

cheers,
Pauline

4 Tom Watson October 23, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Hi Pauline! Thanks!

5 catherine Ndiritu October 26, 2014 at 8:34 am

Am very excited reading your articles written by a cleaner so to speak. Am in expansion and scared of not being able to handle albeit all the excitement.

6 Tom Watson October 26, 2014 at 9:26 am

Hi Catherine! Thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it. When expanding… make sure you hire one more than you think you need. This way you have COMPITITION for who is best, then just keep the top worker (and let the other one go if they are substandard) and keep repeating the process.