Post image for Enviro Care Novus: An environmentally friendly floor finish that is nontoxic and biodegradable

by Tom Watson on March 2, 2014

Not too long ago earth friendly products used to be nothing more than a tiny niche within the cleaning marketplace.

They were a novelty to an extent, hard to find and not all that much in demand for many of us in the cleaning industry. Wow, how things have changed!

The market for these earth friendly cleaning products has shifted dramatically in the last ten years or so. Many vendors now create entire lines of earth friendly cleaning solutions. What was missing from most of these companies was products that cater to the hard surface floor care sector. That’s not the case anymore.

Earth Friendly Hard Surface Floor Care

RMC ECO Friendly WaxThis is where the Rochester Midland Corporation latest floor product comes into view. Enviro Care Novus is their entry into the marketplace.

This product is an environmentally friendly floor wax that is nontoxic and biodegradable. It maintains a neutral pH and contains no heavy metal complexes, APEs or formaldehyde.

This eco-friendly floor finish fits into the line of products that make up Rochester Midland Corporation’s Green House Keeping Floor System. The other all green products include a stripper, all-purpose cleaner and a product for buffing or burnishing. The essentials for any hard surface floor care program.

Their entire line of green products carry either the Green Seal® or EcoLogo™ certifications, sometimes even both. This is a HUGE SELLING POINT when speaking to customers (or potential customers) about performing floor care services. While I have not had customers “demand” eco products from my company it’s no secret that they are preferred.

Being able to offer “green hard surface floor care” is also a great way to differentiate your company from others. I mean we all do basically the same thing, so you need to find that “edge” that tilts the odds in your favor. Being able to offer an “earth friendly” solution is a good step in that direction.

Enviro Care Novus floor finish can be purchased by many vendors online. A simple Google search will bring up many different options. My recommendation is to find a local janitorial supply house that offers the entire line, as they don’t just sell you a product, they offer you advice and guidance as well.

Have questions? If you have any questions regarding Enviro Care Novus floor finish please leave them in the comments below. In most cases I have access to the manufacturer, their sales managers or authorized distributors not to mention my own sources and can get you a prompt answer to your question.

If you liked this post, you can subscribe to our Cleaning 4 Profit RSS feed. If you are looking for a step by step blueprint that will show you how to start your own cleaning business, then check out my Cleaning Business Training Courses. If you need a great website or would like to upgrade what you already have then you may want to take a look at my Cleaning Business Website Packages.

1 pernell March 2, 2014 at 10:42 pm

what percentage is enviro care novus floor finish wax?.

2 pernell March 2, 2014 at 10:58 pm

by the way forgot to ask how much is to wax per gallon or five gallon I do a lot of stripping and waxing I need something to hold up against heavy traffic and Hold a pretty good shine. Thanks

3 Tom Watson March 2, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Hi Pernell! I assume you mean “percentage of solids”…if so, GREAT question… I just asked one of their Territory Sales Managers. Soon as I hear back I’ll update you.

4 Tom Watson March 2, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Hi Pernell! I’ll get pricing info to you too!

5 Tom Watson March 3, 2014 at 8:03 am

Hi Pernell! You purchase this product by the case. You get 2 containers (of 2-1/2 gallons each) in each case. The cost varies, but $98.95 per case is a ball park number.

6 Tom Watson March 3, 2014 at 9:00 am

Hi Pernell! Wax comes in at about 17%. The Sales Manager also added:

“solid content is not necessarily reflective of product performance, especially with new polymers like in Novus. We’d prefer to go back to gloss, durability, water/detergent resistance, hardness, resistance to black heel marks, coverage, etc… the performance is based on the uniqueness of polymer/formula rather than solid content”.

7 Ron March 3, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Hi Tom, Should the floor care be add to the general or deep cleaning duties in the price of the accounts or should it be a different in price?

8 Tom Watson March 3, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Hi Ron! I always make it a separate price. I itemize each component of a cleaning job not only for the customer, but so I keep track of what I’m charging for a given service. This approach also allows you to tweak certain numbers (IE: making the carpet cleaning more expensive but keeping the floor care and regular monthly cleaning rate the same). At the end of the day I think it’s best to be transparent and list each individual item.

9 pernell March 3, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Hi tom, thanks for responding back the information is very valuable to me.

10 Tom Watson March 3, 2014 at 10:21 pm

I’m happy to help Pernell. Touch base if you need anything!

11 Charlotte March 11, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I sent the incorrect email initially. I’m resending it.

What do you recommend to clean Italian Marble floors?

12 Tom Watson March 12, 2014 at 9:04 am

Hi Charlotte! I’m a big fan of Spartan Chemical, and they have a solution for cleaning marble. Get the details here… http://www.spartanchemical.com/products/product/308804